Listview and Check Marks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

kzorith
    Participant

Greetings,

When using a Check Mark field in the list view I find that I don’t get a checked or unchecked value, but rather the name of the field. Would it be possible to put in something to indicate if the field is checked or not? Like maybe FieldName [x] and FieldName [ ] or something similar?

Or does that functionality already exist and I’m just not using the software correctly?

Kzorith

September 4, 2010 at 6:38 AM #4181

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Kzorith,

If you move the checkmark field to the top of the list of fields in the form, it will appear on the list view on the left side. You can even tap on it to check it and uncheck it. Tap Forms will automatically use the next field after as the text on the right of the checkmark field. In this way you can simulate what you’re trying to do if I understand what that is. When in the edit record view, you’ll see the checkmark next to the field name.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 4, 2010 at 7:05 AM #4182

kzorith
    Participant

Greetings,

Yup. That’s pretty much what I was looking to do. Could you not have the list behave the same way if the Check Mark was not the first field, but in the top three? For instance, if it was the second field, the first and third would be in the list beside the check mark. Or if it were third, the first and second fields would be beside the check mark.

Just a thought though as you answered my question perfectly.

Kzorith

September 4, 2010 at 7:24 AM #4183

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Kzorith,

Ya, I guess that would be another way to do it. I just picked the first row because it seemed to make most sense to me at the time I was building that part.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.