List View and pick lists

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi
    Am I right in thinking if a field is populated with multiple items from a pick list, only the first item selected shows in list view?
    Would be great if both the record view and list view showed the same info!
    Cheers
    tonyt

December 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM #8254

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback Tony. When you have a multi-select pick list, Tap Forms simply comma separates the values and stores them in the field. So the list view should show the same data as the detail view. However, in list view you’ll only get the single pick list popup button. I’ll need to make a change to that to support setting multiple values on the field.

December 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM #8286

appledog
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

This is related… is there a way to get Tap Forms to display a separator line in Pick Lists? HyperCard used to use a “-” to do this. If I do in tap forms, I just get a minus sign.

Is there any way to get a pick list to be only available for a particular database? They seem to be more global, available in all forms, from what I’ve seen. Sometimes that is great for commonly used items, but for cases when a list is more specific to a particular form, not so much.

Thanks for such a fine job on this wonderful program. I can appreciate the monumental task this is, and you’ve done it very elegantly!

December 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM #8298

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Appledog,

Thanks for the feature suggestion for the – in the pick lists. That’s a great idea. I’ll see what I can do.

I designed Pick Lists to be available globally, but I understand the need for wanting them to be local to a form only. Not sure if that would present some confusion though having two different places you need to go to in order to edit a pick list.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.