List of items in related table is indexed incorrectly

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms List of items in related table is indexed incorrectly

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

SSteve
    Participant

I have a database with two forms. One with events and one with songs. Events has a field that’s linked to the Songs form. As rehearsal went along yesterday I’d either use the “+” button to add a new song or the checkbox button to choose a song that was already added. After a while, I tried to choose a song with the checkbox button but the indexing was wrong (see attached screenshots). I tried compacting the database and quitting Tap Forms but the problem remains. On the iPad it shows “Girl” under “A” and won’t show anything before that. On the Mac it shows “Girl” under “G”, but also doesn’t show any songs before that. (You can see in the screenshot that there are songs before “G”.)

I’ve attached the database. Is there a way to fix this?

Tap Forms Mac version 5.2.11
    Tap Forms iOS version 5.2.10

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 7, 2018 at 12:35 PM #28993

Brendan
    Keymaster

Try changing the First Sort Field on your Songs form to something else, then change it back to what it was. That should force Tap Forms to re-index the sort order.

June 7, 2018 at 5:55 PM #28998

SSteve
    Participant

Ok, now I see what’s happening. The songs already assigned to the Events record are filtered out of the popup list. So “Girl” really is the first song that should be in the popup list. The problem is that the alphabetical headers are wrong in the iOS version and that made me misdiagnose the issue. The Mac version is correct. (Well, it does have a superfluous Y header at the end of the list but that’s not a disaster.)

Is this something that will be hard to fix?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.