List Field Disappears when Importing Bento

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms List Field Disappears when Importing Bento

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Charles Kouns
    Participant

I have been exporting and then importing all of my libraries from Bento into TapForms. One of my libraries contains critical information in a list field. When I imported the file into TapForms, that list did not come in. IS there a way to redo it so it does come in?

Thanks

Charlie

September 12, 2017 at 8:06 PM #24556

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Charles,

Are you referring to Bento’s Simple List field type?

If so, then Tap Forms 5.2 which I will be submitting to Apple for review this month sometime supports that. The current 5.1.x production release does not. So hang on until I get this update finished. Tap Forms will however import the Related Data field type from Bento, so if you have any of those it should work.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 12, 2017 at 8:21 PM #24560

Charles Kouns
    Participant

Yes Brendan, it appears to be the simple field list in which I have three columns. First Name, Last Name and email address.

I can send you a screenshot if you want it. I work with teens around the United States about how they will reinvent education. They are paired in groups of 4 for the creation of their vision. The list helps me keep track of who was in each group and how to get in touch with them.

I am on my third day of getting to know your app! It;s getting clearer thanks to the help here in the forum.

Thanks again for the amazing support

Charlie

September 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM #24571

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Charles,

Ok that’s great. So yes, Tap Forms 5.2 will be able to import the Bento Simple List field type. You can also customize it after you import it or create new ones from scratch.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.