Linking forms as folders

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

gabi
    Participant

Hi,

First of all I would like to say that this is a great application, and the support here at the forum is great.

I would like to put all kind of forms in different folders and sub folder, but I didn’t find this option.

What i’ve done is linking forms to other forms instead, and use it like folders.

I have a couple of questions about it:

1. Can I link a form with his records to a higher form?

I tried to create a form and link it to a form that already has records in it, but instead, the link was to an empty form (I wanted to “transfer” a form with data into a certain “folder”).

The only way I managed to do it is by exporting the form (with the records), and than importing it back to the desired “folder”

Is there another way of doing that?

2. Generally, is this method ok? Is there any other option of making folders that I might be missing?

If there isn’t, will this feature be added in the future?

Thanks,

gabi.

February 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM #4442

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Gabi,

Forms can be grouped together into categories, but it’s only a single level and at the entire form level.

1. You can link a form to any other form. What you are having troubles with is the fact that the current form linking system uses a “one-to-many” relationship type. This means you need to enter in the data as new records on the linked field. In my next update, you’ll be able to pick from a selection of previously entered records when you choose the “many-to-many” form linking option.

2. As question #1 answered. Yes. Next update… coming soon!

Thanks!

Brendan

February 17, 2011 at 10:49 AM #4443

gabi
    Participant

Thanks!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.