linking exported linked forms to their parents

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms linking exported linked forms to their parents

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Beaujangles
    Participant

Let me first state that I think tapforms is wonderful. Picked up the ipad version yesterday and I hope that we will be able to make it work for us.

We are looking for a way to take a record of customers’ orders offline at tradeshows and then import the records into our order management system for dispatch.

Because customers may order different quantities of various products with different unit prices, I am under the impression that a one-to-many linked form field type would be required. Each linked entry would represent a seperate orderline (SKU,Qty,Unit Cost,Subtotal).

Unfortunately, the export does not include the linked form entries and there appears to be no way to link the two seperate .csv files together.

Has anyone discovered a workaround? perhaps by mucking about with the .sqlite database file and exporting the relevant data?

Or might there be some way to link the two forms by something that could easily be vlookuped in a spreadsheet?

Without this functionality, I’m afraid that tapforms won’t be of much use to us and I may have to look at going over to the Bento camp *shudder*. Only two weeks to the next trade show and there’s no way we can continue to put the orders on sheets of paper to be entered at a later time as we have in the past.

Perhaps the mac app will provide some functionality to help make this work for us. This functionality would make it an instant-buy!

I’m sorry for what is essentially a repost, but I really need to come up with an elegant, easy-to-use solution – and it appears that Tap Forms is just so close to fitting the bill!

Thanks for reading.

September 1, 2012 at 5:07 AM #5306

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m sorry for this issue. I have not yet added information to the CSV exports that would let the linked forms be useful for importing into other systems. This is definitely something that’s been requested a bunch of times and something that I will be adding to a future update. Now that the Mac version is almost on the Mac App Store, I should have more time to add new features rather than just creating the Mac version of Tap Forms.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.