Linking customer to machine

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Andrew Drapper
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking to build a customer contact list, and a customer machine list.

A customer may have many machines, but a machine may only have one owner.

How do I do this? And can I click from one list to the other and vice versa?

How would the Many machines look on the customer record?

Many thanks.

Andrew

April 6, 2021 at 7:30 PM #44056

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Two ways of solving the problem. The first is to use a table field in your customers form and the second is a link to form field in your customers form.

A table field gives you an interface that looks like a spreadsheet and is the same style as the multicolumn list view. You can add multiple fields to your table to hold the data you want. I feel table fields work best when you have only a few fields (less than five) otherwise you end up having to scroll on the horizontal axis to see everything.

For the link to form field, you use two forms: one for the customer and the second for the machines. Then on the customer form, create a “Link to Form” field and select the machines form. The Link to Form field will look like the customer form with the added bonus that you can drill into it to see more details. This is useful if your machine form will have many extra fields that make sense to track but perhaps not to surface in the table view.

I have a video talking about link to form fields in Tap Forms 5 that might help you out. There are a few other videos on using link to form fields and some tricks you can do with them.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.