Linked Records lists

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

I have a couple of questions about linked records lists in Tap Forms for Mac.

1) It appears you cannot sort the lists (other than the default order as defined by the related form). Do I have that right? Sometimes it would be nice to be able to change the displayed order when it is included in the related record. This would be useful in the iOS version as well.

2) My old eyes have trouble with the font size of the records lists in the default layouts, so I’ve been playing with a custom layout where I can make the font big and easy to read. However, I am not able to change the width of the columns. When I move the mouse pointer to the column headers, the pointer very briefly changes to the indicator that it would allow dragging the column borders, but then quickly reverts to an arrow. Try as I might, I cannot change the column widths in the custom layout. The default layout works fine in that regard.

Thanks,
    Cliff

November 30, 2015 at 8:48 PM #15380

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Cliff,

1. Yes, you’re correct. Tap Forms gets its sorting information from the linked form itself.

2. You can adjust the column widths by exiting layout design mode and then you can drag the columns.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 30, 2015 at 8:49 PM #15381

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

Ah, thanks!

August 24, 2016 at 6:37 PM #19054

Patrick Benner
    Participant

I am noticing that my linked M2M field is not sorting the same as the form it is linked to. I just moved over some Bento tables into newly purchased TF5. I’m used to clicking on the column headings in the linked field to sort the linked records as needed. I’d be happy if they were sorted as the parent form but I can’t seem to make that happen.

I have EMT-Members and EMT-Events forms/databases/tables (not sure of the lingo in TF). In Members I have a box that links to the Events table that person attended. In the Events table I have a box that links back to the Members showing who attended each event. I was very impressed with how smoothly the import from Bento went and how the relationships between tables were preserved. I figured out how to sort the Events table/form by event date newest to oldest. But the linked M2M field in Members is not sorting at all that I can see. And same for the linked field of members in Events.

Am I missing something?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.