Linked One to Many in search results

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Jon Haile
    Participant

I feel like I might be missing something simple here, but I haven’t been able to figure it out.

I’m trying to make a tape library. I have a form for Tapes, which includes some basic info like tape number and date created, and a One to Many field for linking to projects on the tape. The Project form has a variety of info, like client name, project name, date, and so on.

I’d like to be able to search for a piece of data from the Project form and have it return any Tape forms that act as a parent, the use case being that I could search for a project name and find what number Tape the archive is on.

Right now if I search for any Project field when the Tape library is selected, it returns no results. If I do the same search with the Project library selected, it returns results as expected, just with no way to see the link to the tape.

Is there a way to get this crossover to show up in searches?

January 9, 2014 at 4:28 PM #8655

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

I’m sorry but Tap Forms will only search from values directly in the selected form. I plan on adding inverse relationships very soon. So you would be able to view aTape and see the project that linked to it. I haven’t started working on that code just yet though.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.