linked forms – join option

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Dirk Soenen
    Participant

Dear Brendan,
    I’m pretty happy with this new option to join fields. However, i remarked a problem with the IOS version. I’m using tapforms for Mac and IOS. On the mac version i have a referenced fields which yields 681 records. This works fine. The IOS version however crashes on this It works fine when the referenced field returns 5 or 25 records, but the one that returns 681 records, causes the app to hang and to crash. on my Imac and macbook, no problem. You might find 681 an awful lot.

Using this to suggest that on IOS, the possibility to limit the number of fields in het linked records table, as you can on the mac version. Just a suggestion.

Keep on the good work :-)

Best regards
    Dirk

October 20, 2017 at 10:49 AM #25460

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dirk,

Hmm… it might be a memory issue on iOS. Or it could be something else.

Would you be able to email me a backup of your document so I can experiment with it to find out what’s triggering the crash?

Thanks,

Brendan

October 20, 2017 at 2:15 PM #25464

Dirk Soenen
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    thanks for your swift reply a little bit difficult to mail the document as it is 150mb. i send a dropbox link to support@tapforms.com

regards

Dirk

October 20, 2017 at 11:36 PM #25467

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the file. I’ll have to think about how to properly handle that now. Also, Apple’s Mail Drop function allows you to email multi-gigabyte file attachments.

Brendan

October 21, 2017 at 12:09 AM #25468

Dirk Soenen
    Participant

Hi Brendan, thanks for your swift response.

i can imagine that my usage is exceptional. Maybe on a more recent ipad the problem doesn’t occure, i use an ipad air.

Thanks for the apple mail drop option, i didn’t have a clue of its existance.
    Regards
    Dirk

October 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM #25480

Brendan
    Keymaster

It crashes due to running out of memory on my iPad Pro 9.7″ too, so it’s not just the older devices.

I’m still not quite sure what to do about it yet, other than to simply limit the number of rows I fetch from the Join on the iOS version.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.