Linked field to show content

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

harry batten
    Participant

I’m creating 2 forms, invoice and clients. I want the invoice to Link to the clients and show the clients name in the form rather than just a ‘1’ at the end of the line. Is that possible?

June 27, 2018 at 2:57 PM #29600

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Harry,

If you create your relationship from Clients to Invoices as a one-to-many Link Type, then when you view an individual Invoice, you’ll see the name of the client that the invoice is linked to. You may have your relationship going from Invoice to Clients. Do you normally have more than one client per invoice? Or do you have multiple invoices per client?

Are you using the Mac or iOS version?

Thanks!

Brendan

June 28, 2018 at 5:15 AM #29614

harry batten
    Participant

Thanks, works perfectly…I was linking them the wrong way round I think.

On a side note, it links the info but it’s not returning all the fields, for example in the clients form I have name, email and phone number, but the link only shows the name and email.

One other question. With the list veiw where it shows all the records, it’s only showing one line from the form…I’ve seen on samples it can show 2 how do I make it do that and can it show 3 fields?

Thanks

June 28, 2018 at 7:04 AM #29616

harry batten
    Participant

Nevermind, I started a new form and realised how to do it my self

June 29, 2018 at 12:22 AM #29628

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yup, setting the List View Fields setting you can display up to 5 fields on the list view. Actually 6 if the first field is a Photo field.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.