Link to Form Data Disappearing Act

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Hello Tap Forms Forum,

I have an annoying little issue and I’m wondering how it can be corrected.

When I’m at the screen depicted in the “Screen Shot 1” attachment and I click somewhere else in the Ingredients table, I get the result in attachment “Screen Shot 2”. The data in the table disappears.

If I switch to any other other form and then back, the ingredients (data) magically reappears in the Ingredients table. It seems to happen only when I’m modifying the Expiration Date field in that table.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 16, 2020 at 1:59 AM #41305

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the bug report. I have not seen this issue happen before. But I’ll keep an eye out for it. So if you edit a different field type this issue doesn’t happen?

It may be that it’s something fixed in the next update.

July 16, 2020 at 2:29 PM #41321

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Hi Brenden,

If I modify the field by clicking into it first, everything is fine. However, if I click into the date field using the square calendar icon, then the issue occurs when I click somewhere else in the table.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 16, 2020 at 10:14 PM #41328

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the screenshot. I’m not seeing this issue in my current version.

Perhaps it’s something specific to your form?

Are you able to reproduce it with a new test form?

Maybe you can email me your form template and I can test it out here. I added a Link to Form field that linked to a form that had a Date field. I click on the date field, then click on the date popup button, click on a date, then click off the popover. The records remain and do not clear out.

I’m using macOS Catalina.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 17, 2020 at 1:10 PM #41343

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

I tried repeating the issue with another form in my document and it works fine. So it appears to be something in the one form. I did an ‘Export Form Template’, it created the form template along with all the associated forms. After entering just enough data to have the Ingredient field populate. I was able to duplicate the issue again.

However, once again, this is not a big enough deal to spend time on. One reason is because it very well could be the fact that my old machine is stuck at Mac OS High Sierra. Until I get up on the latest OS, I can simply switch back and forth between forms to bring the data back. Plus now I know the key/click sequence to avoid it.

Thanks for getting back on this.

Chris

July 17, 2020 at 8:09 PM #41354

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, well if you want me to give it a go on Catalina, please email me your .tff file.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.