Link to fields – extract or format in the future please?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Link to fields – extract or format in the future please?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Fiona Morgan
    Participant

I’m setting up Tap Forms to keep track of my artworks, collectors and to create what is essentially an invoice as well.

Artwork details form is great. Collector contact details form is great. The invoice bit has had me trying different things for several hours only to realise that what I’m trying to do is not currently possible in this software (and I LOVE this software so far! Brendan you are doing an awesome job.)

The invoice that I want to be able to generate would combine most of the fields from the artwork and collector forms. The current problem is that there is too much information. The linked table (from either form) is one long line that runs well off the page (and is butt ugly). Either being able to format this OR being able to link to individual fields in another form and place them freely on the page would solve this problem.

Any chance of this happening in the future? Anyone else with this sort of issue?
    Or are there other solutions that I’ve missed?

December 12, 2014 at 3:38 AM #12278

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Fiona,

Well, you can control which fields will display in the Link to Form fields by clicking on the little tool button in the top-right hand corner of the Link to Form’s table view. So that may be a solution for you.

Thanks!

Brendan

P.S. Thanks for the kind words!

December 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM #12293

Fiona Morgan
    Participant

Yes, thanks, I figured that bit out already. It’s not enough control. The table still runs off the page and cannot be formatted in any way. It’s not currently able to be made presentable for giving to customers. Perhaps when you get to adding the label printing feature that may solve my particular problem.
    My last idea was to make a single field from a calculation that added all the address fields into one, but couldn’t figure out how to add a line break. If this had worked then at least I’d be able to get all the info on the page. Even using landscape format the page is not quite long enough.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.