Link table

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Ken Gillett
    Participant

Since I can specify a relationship between 2 forms to be ‘many to many’, I don’t need to create a special link table to handle this. But how can I link 3 tables, sorry, forms?

I would normally just create the link table with a foreign key for each of the 3 linked tables, but I can’t see how to replicate that in Tap Forms.

August 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM #10687

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

Tap Forms has an internal table that it uses to link forms together in a Many to Many link type scenario.

But there’s nothing stopping you from linking Form A -> Form B -> Form C.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 24, 2014 at 6:15 AM #10692

Ken Gillett
    Participant

That’s not what I had in mind. I was thinking of a single ‘link’ table that links 3 other tables, each of which therefore has a many to many relationship with the other 2.

As I said, when there’s just 2 tables to link, Tap Forms handles that for you, without having to create the link table to accomplish the many to many relationship as you would in a regular RDBMS. But in a regular RDBMS, adding a third table to be linked is simply a matter of adding the extra foreign key to the link table. But I cannot see how to accomplish the same thing in Tap forms.

August 24, 2014 at 12:40 PM #10694

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

You’re correct. Tap Forms cannot do this. Sorry about that.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.