Link existing records from one existing form to another

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Link existing records from one existing form to another

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

al m
    Participant

Hi it seems I accidentally removed the link between the records of each of the 2 forms I have. Now I have 2 forms each with records in them as before but no link. Is there a way for me to manually link them back up?

Is there a way for me to pick a record from one form then choose the records from the other form to link up to?

February 3, 2020 at 2:18 PM #39460

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Al,

Yes. This is precisely how the Link to Form field works when using One to Many or the Many to Many Link Type.

So just add your Link to Form field and choose one of these Link Types and then when you edit your record, click the checkmark button for the Link to Form field and select which records should be linked.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 3, 2020 at 4:43 PM #39468

al m
    Participant

Ok yes that works;but when I do this only one field is displayed that I don’t need to see to link the records. Is there a way to display more or other fields?

February 4, 2020 at 2:39 AM #39475

Brendan
    Keymaster

On your child form (the one you’re linking to), set the List View Fields setting to something larger. You can set it from 1 to 5. If you reorder the fields on your form (up or down) you can choose which fields are displayed first.

February 4, 2020 at 8:21 AM #39483

al m
    Participant

When. I select list view there are no options and when I look at the records none are displayed. Maybe some serious bug?

February 4, 2020 at 8:34 AM #39484

al m
    Participant

Your suggestion does not work

February 4, 2020 at 10:44 PM #39492

Brendan
    Keymaster

It’s not a setting on the list view. It’s a setting on the form properties. There’s a setting on macOS called Single Column List View Fields. With options from 1 to 5.

On iOS the option is just called List View Fields and it’s on the Customize Form screen near the bottom.

Changing those will give you more fields displayed after you tap/click on the checkmark button to choose the child records to link.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.