Link between your form and an email?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Yvette M
    Participant

Is there a way to create a link between your form and an actual email you received?

I use gmail and am trying to reproduce the result apps like “slice” produce. I want to be able to make a record be an action that goes directly to my inbox, to the email I’m looking for.

Currently I make a screenshot of the email and upload it as a file which I attach to a record. Just thought that it would be easier if I could link it directly to the actual email in gmail.

I use tap forms on my iPad and iPhone and use the latest Verizon.

Thanks!

September 11, 2016 at 10:32 AM #19474

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Yvette

If you add a File Attachment field to your form and enable the “multi-file” option on it, then you can drag an individual email to it from the Mail application. Then when you double-click on that file in Tap Forms, it will display the contents of the email to you.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 11, 2016 at 2:43 PM #19482

Yvette M
    Participant

Wow! Can’t wait to try that!

Just to make sure though, can that be done on the iPhone or iPad? That’s my only method of using tap forms so far.

Thanks for the quick reply again!

Yvette

September 11, 2016 at 2:45 PM #19485

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Yvette,

Unfortunately that only works on the Mac version. The iOS version isn’t able to read the .eml file format that the Mac version generates when the email is attached to the File Attachment field.

September 11, 2016 at 2:47 PM #19487

Yvette M
    Participant

So, is there a way to attach an email directly to my form using IOS?

September 11, 2016 at 11:03 PM #19491

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Yvette,

Not that I know of directly. Other than copying the text of the email to the clipboard and pasting it into a Note field within Tap Forms. But that wouldn’t capture images or anything like that I don’t think.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.