line items

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

garry
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to create a quoting system. I have a products form with product details, a customer form, and quote form. product linked to quote, quote linked to customer. If i open customer i can add a quote. I cant figure out how to add products to the quote in such a way i can get a total of the quote value on the bottom of the records screen.

The only way this seems possible to me is to have a picklist with the product and value as a line, link the picklist, and then when the item is in the quote product field, retype the value into a second quote value field, multiply by a qty into a calculated field, and sum the result to display at the bottom of the record list. Is this this the only way it can be done?

garry

August 11, 2012 at 10:07 PM #5281

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Garry,

I think if you link Quote to Product instead of Product to Quote, then you can use a Many-to-Many Link to Form field type. Then on your quote you will be able to tap on the products to see a list of the products for that specific quote that you previously selected with the total appearing at the bottom of the products list.

Aggregate calculations which display at the bottom of the records list can be based upon a calculated field in your product form. But now that I think more about it, ya, you wouldn’t be able to add products to your quote specifying quantities for that specific quote. I think you’re right about what you would have to do. Tap Forms wasn’t really designed as an invoicing system, but I could see where something to make this sort of thing easier/possible would be good to have.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM #5282

garry
    Participant

Hi brendon,

Thanks for the quick responses. I hope there comes a point in the future where you don’t have to do all the responses, sort of defeats the point of a forum and just makes it a support with you doing all the work.

What I am doing setting the price off the price list and retyping it into a second field is ok as I am bringing in my cost price and this allows me to type in a new amount, with a markup if I desire. The ability to have A couple of columns in the pick list though, or the ability to extract some characters out of the pick list line into a field would add significant power to the app. The other thing that would be good is the ability to create a pick list from the records held in another form.

I am really loving this app. I have created a range of forms and that allow me to run my handyman and building company from this one app. Site diary, accounts ,oh&s, product list, quotes, invoices, and heaps more all tied to each other When I have trialled them over a few months I will happily make them available for others to use.

Garry

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.