Lifecycle hooks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

cf
    Participant

I’m realizing that a lot of the things I am trying to do with scripts could be better accomplished with less complexity if there was a way to register a script to run on specific events. Specifically record creation and record change. This could two options next to “Ask before running” for “Run when records created” and “Run when records change” and the “record” binding would be said mutation.

September 8, 2020 at 8:15 PM #41886

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, that’s a good idea. I believe Sam asked for something like that a while ago. He wanted to be able to have triggers in Tap Forms for running scripts. Right now the triggers are if a field value is modified, a script runs.

September 8, 2020 at 9:26 PM #41888

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Yes, this is another one on my backlog; ideally a pre and post hook too as well as more metadata about what/why something is triggered for debugging purposes. I’ve got a quirk right now where scripts are firing more than I expect them to be and it’s confusing.

September 9, 2020 at 6:40 AM #41897

cf
    Participant

Even though there already exist triggers for specific fields I think there’s still value in having a trigger for any record mutation, separate from field scripts. I have a few forms where fields depend on each other and need to be refreshed in the right order, if a trigger simply fired on any change I could just go through all fields and update them. Of course record. creation/deletion would be the most valuable of them all since there’s really nothing like it right now.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.