Licenses

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Mark Kristan
    Participant

I have four apple devices, two OS X and two IOS, do I need four licenses or is each of the licenses good for more than one device of the corresponding operating system? Also wondering if they expire/how long they last, do I have to buy two licenses every year for example.

May 25, 2018 at 9:00 PM #28770

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Tap Forms for Mac and iOS are separate purchases. But you can install each license on multiple devices. You can install the Mac version on up to 3 devices with your license key. For the iOS version you can install it on all the iOS devices you own personally that are connected to your own Apple ID.

So you only need 2, one for Mac, and one for iOS.

Thanks!

Brendan

P.S. Glad you found the post new thread function. Also there’s contact information on my Support page. You can email me anytime at support@tapforms.com

May 26, 2018 at 8:26 AM #28772

Mark Kristan
    Participant

Hey Brendan, thanks for that information, I figured a license would probably be good for at least two deciles on the same platform but didn’t want to get any nasty surprises, lol. Do these licenses expire, though? Do people have to renew them annually or whatever, or is there no specified time period that he license lasts for?

May 26, 2018 at 9:42 AM #28774

Brendan
    Keymaster

The licenses are perpetual. There’s no expiration on them. Once you buy Tap Forms, you own it.

In the 10 years that I’ve been developing Tap Forms, version 5 was the first time I charged an upgrade fee. I like people to get great value for their hard earned money, so I add new features as time goes on even without charging. Tap Forms 5 has been out for about a year and a half now and I’ve been constantly adding new features and improving it without charge.

Thanks!

Brendan

October 18, 2018 at 10:47 AM #31111

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I have both Tap Forms and Tap Forms 5 installed on my main computer. I wanted to install Tap Forms 5 on my spare computer (Tap forms 3.5.19 is already on that computer) But the App Store only shows the old version. Perhaps I purchased it directly over the site?

How do I get the current build onto my spare iMac?

Also, the reason I want to install the current version is because I am having someone come in to type in data for me and sync it to my main computer. How can I do that without having the person log in to my partition?

Thanks,
    Kimberley

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 18, 2018 at 9:22 PM #31132

Brendan
    Keymaster

In Tap Forms 5, check to see if you have a License… menu item under the Tap Forms 5 menu. If so, then just copy that license key there to activate Tap Forms on your spare iMac.

You would have to setup a new user and copy the database document over to that user account to let them edit it. Depending on how you’re syncing, which you’ll have to setup again in that other account, the additions they make should sync to your other device. It won’t work with Nearby Sync though. Not from one account to another on the same Mac. You could also just move the document to the Shared account folder where both users have access and they could just edit it right there. But make sure the file’s only opened on one account at a time.

Hope that’s not too confusing.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 19, 2018 at 12:08 AM #31142

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Thanks for answering so quickly.
    I am using iCloud Sync. So just to see if I understand you correctly (ask twice, do once) the following should be done

1. Open up the old Tap Forms build on my spare computer
    2. Download the Version 5 update
    3. Apply the licence that I have on my current computer
    4. Sync Tap Forms
    5. Move the project folder to Shared folders on the spare iMac
    6. Let my helper work from there

Is that right?
    Should TapForms re-sync automatically from the shared folders?

Thanks
    Regards,
    Kimberley

October 19, 2018 at 7:09 PM #31163

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kimberly,

If you have a Tap Forms 5 license already you don’t have to run the old Tap Forms version. Just use the license key you have on Tap Forms 5 on the new computer.

If you move the .tapforms document to the Shared user folder on your computer, just make sure you don’t open the .tapforms document on two user accounts at once.

The file won’t show up on the main Database Documents window because it won’t be where Tap Forms is expecting it to be. But that’s ok. If you double-click on a .tapforms file, Tap Forms will launch and it will open that document.

June 27, 2021 at 3:22 PM #44688

Bob Wagner
    Participant

I already love using Tap Forms in Demo mode and have purchased it now through the Apple App store, but it is still in demo/countdown days mode. The transaction has gone through with Apple. When will a code come through?

June 27, 2021 at 5:39 PM #44689

Daniel Leu
    Participant

You have to install the app using the AppStore application. You might have to remove the installed version first.

June 28, 2021 at 8:42 PM #44696

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

I did respond to your direct email about this earlier today. Hopefully you got my response. But ya, as Daniel suggested, you have to delete the trial version of Tap Forms if you’ve got it installed already before you install the App Store version. You can find it in your purchase history in the Mac App Store app and just re-download it from there after you’ve removed the trial version.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 12, 2022 at 2:23 PM #47775

PICOT Jean-Bernard
    Participant

I am re-activating this item, ’cause my wife broke down his Mac (battery overheating). She bought another Mac. I looked at my TapForms menu (my own computer), and do not find a license number.
    What shall I do to solve the problem ?
    When I go to AppStore, downloading does not happen if purchase is not made first.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jean

August 12, 2022 at 9:47 PM #47776

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jean-Bernard,

You can email me at support@tapforms.com and I’ll send you your license key. I’ll need to know the email address you used to purchase your license key.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.