License differences between direct download and App Store?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms License differences between direct download and App Store?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Simon Long
    Participant

I’m a long-time Bento user who has finally accepted that it has to die, and Tap Forms looks like the best alternative – I’ve already installed the trial Mac version and migrated my Bento data, and I’ve bought and synced the iOS version, so I know it meets my needs.

I have a question about the license for the Mac version. I can either buy a license for the trial version from this site, or buy the application through the Mac App Store. I’m in the UK – in the UK, the App Store version costs £48, while the license through this site is only £40.

Before I buy the software, I’d just like to understand if there is any difference in the license terms between the two purchase methods? I will probably want to install the Mac version on both my home Mac and my laptop – I know I can do that with the App Store version, which I can install on all computers associated with my iCloud account. Do the license terms for the direct download version also allow multiple installations on computers which I own, or are there restrictions?

Many thanks in advance.

September 25, 2019 at 10:09 AM #36865

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Simon,

Yes, you can install the Mac version with the same license key on up to 3 Macs that you personally own.

The price difference just comes from the different exchange rate that Apple charges vs. what I specified when I set the price for GBP with Paddle.com (the company I use the facilitate direct purchases).

Thanks,

Brendan

September 25, 2019 at 11:31 AM #36867

Simon Long
    Participant

That’s great – I’ll use the direct download in that case. Many thanks for the prompt reply!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.