Layout problem

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Robert Chadwick
    Participant

I am creating a database. I have finished creating all the fields. Therefore, I have the default layout & a layout I designed as my second layout. I am trying now to add an additional layout with less information; and I’m having problems.

I dragged the TITLE field to the layout and the program created the field & the label. They are both selected. However, I can’t move them or even separate them. Once I drag them into the third form, they seem to be stuck. I’ve deleted the layout and reconstructed it several times. I’ve even rebooted my MacBook Air; but I still cannot create the third layout. Any ideas?

Also, while I’m here, is there any way to create a layout that has more than one record on the page, such as you’d find in a printout of a search shown in columns?

Thanks.

Robb

February 5, 2014 at 3:08 AM #8949

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Hmm… this is unusual. If you click on the Default Layout and then back onto your custom layout, are you then able to rearrange the objects? You didn’t lock the objects positions, did you? There’s a little checkbox next to each object in the Layers view which lets you lock them.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 5, 2014 at 7:30 AM #8953

Robert Chadwick
    Participant

I had tried all those methods with no success; and I did check to make sure the items weren’t locked. However, I did finally resolve the issue. I’m not exactly sure how though. I believe what resolved it was clicking on the snap to grid icon several times (on & off) which finally seemed to free up the elements that I was attempting to move … but since I was clicking around a lot, I can’t be sure.

Thanks for your help. I really like the program a lot.

Robb

February 5, 2014 at 2:08 PM #8955

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Strange, since the Snap to Grid button has nothing to do with locking and unlocking objects on the screen.

Thanks for the update.

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.