Layout – Flexible Fields

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Amy Plant
    Participant

Loving the new layout ability! I almost switched to a different app, because my school required a particular lesson plan layout – now I can create it .. almost …

3 questions with the layout:

1) flexible text boxes upon print – is there a way to ensure that the print form displays all of the text (shrinks if there is only a small amount of text and grows with more text)?

2) one-to-many relationship table – when I drag in a “linked” form, the table doesn’t seem to allow for me to adjust the column, or row size (for text wrapping).

3) adding another page – my form will be a multiple page document, but I can’t figure out how to add another page

February 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM #8958

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

1. You need to drag out a Note field that’s as large as you need it to be to contain all your text. It won’t grow or stretch to accommodate the text content. What would you expect to happen to other fields that were positioned around these fields if I automatically adjusted the size of the text boxes to fit them to the size of the text? Should the text just overlap the other fields if it gets too large?

2. You will need to leave Edit Layout mode in order to adjust the column widths of the Link to Form fields. There’s no function for changing the row heights for them.

3. You could just add another layout and continue your document on that layout. The only thing you’ll need to do is print each layout individually and manually collate the pages afterwards. I plan on addressing this in a future update. I’ve already thought about some ways of handling this.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 8, 2016 at 9:40 PM #15609

ben wise
    Participant

I have the same question [2]. I created a linked table that contains notes re: vehicle repairs that includes the work performed notes. when i link this to the client’s master form, the table can’t be edited and is there a way not to display some of the columns so it will fit on the form?

Also, is there a way to format the columns in this table so the text wraps in the linked table?

regards, bzw

January 8, 2016 at 10:19 PM #15611

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

There’s a little button at the top-right of a Link to Form field which lets you select which fields you want to display there.

The text won’t wrap in a link-to-form field. Sorry.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 29, 2016 at 3:49 PM #19192

Lucas Anderson
    Participant

So, has the adding of another page issue been fixed in version 5? I’m not particularly happy about having to pay 3 times for this app for my computer, iPad, and iPhone, and Im certainly not paying for version 5 if it’s not going to do what I need it to. Thanks.

August 29, 2016 at 10:24 PM #19196

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lucas,

Tap Forms 5 for iOS is now a universal app. So you only need one license to run on both your iPhone and iPad. You’re not forced to purchase the upgrade of course. That’s totally up to you. I haven’t added the ability to define a second page per layout.

August 30, 2016 at 2:42 AM #19207

Leo
    Participant

But wouldn’t it be great to have the ability to add more pages per layout?
    I now have a report stretching over 14 pages. That’s 14 output to PDF, merge, shrink to create a singel PDF of this report. It can be done, but wouldn’t it be great if… :-)

August 30, 2016 at 11:11 AM #19221

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes that would be great. I would like to add a “Next Layout” feature to the Layout Inspector panel so that you could connect one layout to another. Then when you printed from the first layout, it would print successive pages from the connected layouts.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.