Last (and most important) question before I buy

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Last (and most important) question before I buy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

MiB
    Participant

Is it possible to run the program on two machines with the database on a hard drive both can access? Or can one be the master and the other machine can just share the database?

Of course I could use icloud or dropbox to sync, but unfortunately we’ve got an internet connection as slow as isdn. And the Database backup is already 1,5GB. (Just imported from another software like this one.)

And if I buy: Where can I report bugs?

June 24, 2015 at 7:07 AM #14073

MiB
    Participant

To specify what I need:

I’ve got a list of our boardgames (over 1000) and would like to have this list on my iMac and also on the Macbook of my wife.
    As we both have our own icloud and dropbox login, this would not work, even if we had internet fast enough to use it for the database.
    But we’ve got an airport Time capsule and a mac mini running 24/7. Is there a chance to get TapForms in sync just over our Wifi?

June 25, 2015 at 3:39 PM #14086

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi MiB,

I’m working on a solution for WiFi sync, but it’s just in the proof of concept stage at the moment. Utilizing the Couchbase Mobile database engine, I should be able to provide WiFi syncing. But it’s a ways away still.

The best you could do in this scenario without syncing over the cloud is to email records back and forth. If you have the Export Record IDs option turned on for the Export Records function, then you’ll be able to do a sort of pseudo sync. New records will be added, existing records will be updated. Nothing will be deleted if you deleted a record though.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 26, 2015 at 2:20 PM #14104

MiB
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

thank you very much. I had Ninox also on my list, but I like your app better. Just bought it. :o)
    Sign me up for the beta test on the WiFi sync. ;o)
    In the meantime we will sync by backup and USB Stick.
    Mailing isn’t an option as a good internet connection would be necessary also. (There are lots of pictures involved.)

By the way: How do I change the avatar picture in this forum?

Have a nice day and thank you for making this great software!

MichA

June 28, 2015 at 3:02 PM #14114

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi MiB,

The avatar is based on the Gravatar system:

https://en.gravatar.com

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.