Large DB not iCloud synching

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Doug Eddy
    Participant

I’ve developed a database to record my pen collection but apparently it has not been iCloud synching between my Mac, iPad Pro and iPhone 6. Each record has several pictures of the pens and I have at present 59 records. It did synch but I added a number of records and when I tried to open it on my iPad it kept synching and synching, clearly showing things moving back and forth, but then it says synch failed (the Mac successfully completes synching). I’m stuck with only 36 records. All my other forms sync fine, thank goodness.

Not sure what to do as this will be an ongoing and updated database. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I love the ease of the iCloud synch. Had some real difficulty with Cloudant and proximity synching but the iCloud is instantaneous and very reliable!

July 31, 2017 at 1:57 PM #23831

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

Well I’m working on an update which should make iCloud syncing more reliable. Needs to go out to some beta testers though first before I’m confident it will be good enough to release to the public though.

I think the many attachments are what’s causing the sync failure. For every attachment (e.g. photo, file attachment, etc.) Tap Forms makes a fetch request to Apple’s servers asking for that attachment. In the next update it won’t have to do that and will be much more efficient.

For now I would suggest, just to get everything over there, use the Send Document function to send a copy of the document from your Mac over to your iPad, replacing the one that’s not syncing. Then if it doesn’t have so much to sync, it should hopefully work better.

But as I said, it’s going to be improved in the next update.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.