Labels in "spreadsheet view" + database engine update

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Labels in "spreadsheet view" + database engine update

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Any way to get labels to show up in spreadsheet view?

Either by color bar in the side of the cell like it is now, or maybe highlighting the whole cell… or maybe an option for either/or :-)

Just a thought, really looking forward to the database engine overhaul. I have 3600 records with about 100 fields in each, along with 10 smart searches. Just to turn tap forms on or click on a smart search inquiry gives me pretty undesirable long spinning beach ball. I almost want to go try another database as a temporary solution until this is done then come back, as I can’t leave tap forms because nobody has all the other goodies you have implemented over the years, especially by listening to all these ideas we have come up with haha :-)

May 28, 2015 at 6:04 AM #13859

Frank Tikket
    Participant

In regards to the database speed… it seems to perform a lot more snappy on IOS versions than mac for some reason (and I have decked out 2012 mac minis and macbook airs)

I have tried all the recommended steps in other posts, I also saw a dramatic improvement when I deleted my “iCloud” tapforms sync file and started sync from scratch. Its funny how my IOS database comes in at 270 MEG, but the mac version syncs up at 360 MEG. Not sure why, when i cleared the sync they are back to being about the same now and slightly faster…… but still waiting for overhaul :-)

May 28, 2015 at 12:47 PM #13864

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

I suppose I should probably add the colour bar to the cell itself in multi-column list view mode rather than just on the left of the row. I didn’t want to colour the entire cell because it would be problematic with the text there if you choose a colour that looks bad against the black text.

100 fields is quite a bit for it to load, especially depending on what kinds of fields those are. So that may be part of the performance issue you’re having. Development of the database overhaul has slowed because I’ve been spending more time on support these past weeks than developing. But I’ll get there. It’s just going to take more time.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.