Label and layout problems

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Now on TF3 for Mac with no problems really since my last posts concerning worries over upgrading.

However:

1 When I design a label – am I supposed to see the physical size of the label as all I see is a large screen with too much room! The attached is for J8160 Avery – 3 across and 7 down

2 The delete button on the label layout is flashing rapidly and I can find no way of deleting the layout. Under menu bar layout drop down – delete layout is greyed out! Now I find I can select delete layout – but nothing happens and its not deleted.

Cheers

tony

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM #11448

tonyt
    Participant

Also noticed that when I try to delete the layout named ‘delete’ TF thinks its called null?

Attachments:
    October 28, 2014 at 8:35 PM #11467

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

I’ve seen that flickering thing before, but I couldn’t see how to make it stop. Deleting the layout seemed to fix it for me and then I never saw it again.

You need to select the label option in the Layout Inspector. There’s a segmented control button with 3 icons in it. It’s the “Design For:” setting. The first is to design a form that’s appropriate for the screen. The second is for Printer, and the third is for Labels. You need to click on that first. Then you’ll see the Label properties. You can click on the “Select a Label” button to see all of your label design choices.

Thanks!

Brendan

October 29, 2014 at 12:03 AM #11477

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    This for the info re label size. I still can’t delete the layout named ‘delete’ above. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP?

Cheers
    tony

October 29, 2014 at 1:38 AM #11478

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Should be thanks – not this (previous post)!

Perhaps I should add I click on ‘delete’ from the drop down – when I can get the option to delete to show up as not greyed out in the menu bar, and nothing happens, the layout is still there. Also, odd its called ‘delete’ but TForms calls it ‘null’!

(See first screen shot in first post – option to delete greyed out with layout ‘delete; selected. When able to delete then layout ‘delete’ is called ‘null’ as per screen shot in second post)

cheers

tony

October 29, 2014 at 4:58 AM #11479

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Me again!!! For some reason I have managed to delete the layout named as ‘delete’ but seen by TF3 as ‘null’!!! So, all is good for the present.

Also, re poast 1 in this thread and your reply – post:

You need to select the label option in the Layout Inspector. There’s a segmented control button with 3 icons in it. It’s the “Design For:” setting. The first is to design a form that’s appropriate for the screen. The second is for Printer, and the third is for Labels. You need to click on that first. Then you’ll see the Label properties. You can click on the “Select a Label” button to see all of your label design choices.

I have got this but the whole layout window is white so how do you know what you are designing fits on the label, or is it that having selected design for label whatever white are shown for layout under various magnifications is the label are available? If you see what I mean???

I was expecting to see something like the attached? One at 100% and one at 300%

Cheers
    Tony

Attachments:
    October 29, 2014 at 10:54 PM #11499

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

You should see something like the attached:

Attachments:
Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.