Keeping data when upgrading from trial

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

charityjf
    Participant

Hi there,

I want to download & start using the trial version of Tap Forms for Mac, but I just want to check that it will be possible to bring my data into the full version if I want to buy it. If I do buy the full version, I’d like to buy it from the App store, as I have Apple store credit, so can I ask how best to make that transition & keep any data I put into the trial version?

Thank-you,
    Charity

June 19, 2015 at 11:29 PM #14053

Leo
    Participant

Hi Charity,

you are safe. Both the upgrade and the full version will make use of your current data. I recommend you get the full version instead of the upgrade.
    The upgrade will keep showing Lite on the springboard.

Leo

June 20, 2015 at 5:13 PM #14054

charityjf
    Participant

Ok, thanks Leo. So do I download the full version via the App store? How would I then delete the trial version of the application and make sure my data appeared when opening the full version?

June 20, 2015 at 10:49 PM #14055

Leo
    Participant

You got me there,

I really do not remember how I did this. I think I had the both running and first did a iCloud (or now a Dropbox) sync before I deleted the trial version.

But maybe Brendan can answer this one?

Leo

June 21, 2015 at 11:38 PM #14057

MiB
    Participant

Just go to “backup…” and afterwards import this backup into the full version.

June 22, 2015 at 3:49 AM #14059

charityjf
    Participant

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thank-you

June 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM #14095

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Charity,

Leo was referring to the iOS version I believe.

For the Mac version, just go to the Mac App Store and make your purchase there. No backups to have to do since both the Mac Trial and the Mac App Store version share the same database file.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 30, 2015 at 11:06 AM #14127

charityjf
    Participant

Ok, thanks. I’ll probably upgrade tomorrow. Do I delete the trial app? Do I do that before or after downloading the full version?

Thanks.

June 30, 2015 at 12:34 PM #14128

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Charity,

It’s best to delete the trial app before downloading from the Mac App Store. The reason being that they both have the same internal bundle identifier, so the Mac App Store may think you already have the app. But once you download it from the Mac App Store, all your data from the trial version will still be there. That’s what the same internal bundle identifier accomplishes.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.