Keeping a date log

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

I’m using a custom made form for visiting customers and storing all of their details. Our management would like a log to be kept of dates visited. Currently, I have a last visit and next visit date field.

The only way I can think of doing this is to have multiple blank date fields and to add these but I can imagine that this would get really long and hard to manage. Is there a way to keep a history of dates when it is changed or something similar?

I was put onto this app only recently by one of our sales reps and within a week will have it rolled out on iPads to all of our reps nationally. I am looking forward to having this work and I see that an export/import feature will be available via email soon.

I am hoping to keep a central database of all information recorded on each device and just have a few questions.

When importing/exporting/sharing, you lose the photos and also the contacts are substituted with another. How will these be handled and will this continue after the next update or be fixed? I am very interested to know what you have on the books for the future and hope to use this app as the master app for our staff.

Thank you and have a fantastic day.

Ally

June 14, 2011 at 4:10 AM #4622

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Ally,

Sorry for the really delayed response. I was at WWDC last week and I didn’t get a chance to respond to the forum posts.

You can setup a Date, Time, or Date & Time field to be auto-filled with the current date. In that way you don’t have to manually set the date. Not sure if that’s what you were looking for though. You can also sort your records by date, so that may help you with viewing the most recently created records at the top (or bottom depending on how you sort).

You can import records via email already. If you email a CSV file to another device which has Tap Forms installed, you can tap-and-hold on the CSV file attachment in Mail and then choose “Open In…” from the menu that appears and then choose Tap Forms (or Tap Forms HD on the iPad). When you do that, Tap Forms will display the Import Records screen.

At this time, Tap Forms doesn’t export photos or contacts when generating a CSV file.

The next update will include full-database encryption plus the new calculation field type. After that I’ll be switching to iOS 5 development and adding iCloud syncing.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.