Just got new IBM Cloud account, how do I sign in with it on TapForms?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Just got new IBM Cloud account, how do I sign in with it on TapForms?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    March 30, 2018 at 4:42 PM #28027

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kip,

Yes, you use the Cloudant option to login to IBM Cloud.

Use the rather long username and password that IBM Cloud assigns you under the Service Credentials.

There’s steps you can follow in the online user manual here:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5/en/topic/ibm-cloudant-sync

Thanks,

Brendan

March 30, 2018 at 8:05 PM #28029

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

I got the error:
    “Synchronization has failed
    Error sending to server.: the request entity to too large”

Does this mean that only the item(s) that were too large didn’t synced or nothing synced at all? I can’t remember putting large items into my database from what I can remember it’s just small logos.

March 31, 2018 at 11:29 AM #28035

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kip,

If you have any records that are larger than 1 MB (including photos or file attachments), then you’ll get that error with IBM Cloud. I would recommend emailing support@cloudant.com and asking them if they can raise the limit. Perhaps the more people that do that, the better chances are they might oblige.

Tap Forms will take you to the record which has caused the error allowing you to fix it. If there’s a sync error, syncing will stop. Closing and re-opening the document will start it again.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 31, 2018 at 12:28 PM #28036

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

I can now see which record was not able to sync. Did all my other records which are under 1MB sync? If it’s only that one record that didn’t sync that wouldn’t be so bad.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.