Just an idea…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

Hello Brendan!

I am very impressed by Tap Forms and switched completely from Bento. It is easy to use, quite stable and syching via iCloud works well.
    While working with it i stumbled over the field “location”. It is nice to know where i have made a note or seeing the address.

Than an idea crossed my mind. What of i could see the sum of positions in a report? A field that is showing all positions of a search in an online map? A biologist could see all positions of a seldom flower he found in a certain area or only in 2013. A Salesman could see where his custumers are gathered. An archeologist could see the places where pottery from the 15th century was found in New Caledonia (if he is interested in this). The possibilities are almost infinite. And would be a real stand-off feature.

Would it be possible to create such field? I assume there are a lot of custumers out there that would highly appreciate such feature.

Best regards,

Alexander

July 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM #10496

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Alexander,

This is a feature I’ve actually been wanting to add for the past few years. I think it would make a great addition to Tap Forms. I was thinking that it would be something like an alternate records list view. So on the Mac version there would be Single Column List View, Multi-Column List View, and Map View. And something similar on iOS. Just need to sit down and do it once I have the time.

Thanks!

Brendan

July 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM #10497

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

I know this feeling, too. Hope you find the time somewhen.
    Greetings!
    Alexander

July 6, 2014 at 9:09 PM #10512

Frank Tikket
    Participant

I agree!! Excellent idea!!! Map multiple records, or like Brendan said “a different view”…. Would be nice to select which info is displayed on the map view per record.

Would also be nice to click the map view record and see the full record details.

This is something FileMaker is offering in a joint venture with another vendor, tap forms would take the cake!!! Soooo many uses for this!!

July 7, 2014 at 2:47 PM #10514

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

I was thinking that the annotation view that appears when you tap on a pin would display the first couple fields of the record. Then when you tapped on the annotation view itself, the full record details would display.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM #10516

Frank Tikket
    Participant

If you can make an options page to where the user can select which fields (3 max- or how many every you can fit) can be selected to show on the map, that would be preferred.

As the app is now, the first 3-5 fields are critical as to how the many to many, or one to many displays info (and you can’t change the view as of now)… so maybe somebody wants to see perhaps a field displayed that is way down the list, like a name/birthday/or something else so they would be forced to move that field to the top 3-5 to display it on the maps. Which would then mess up the current relational data displayed in different forms.

August 6, 2014 at 3:22 PM #10605

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Any chance the multi location map- multi pins on one map feature requested above gets implemented anytime soon?

Would be killer sales point, and GREAT SCREENSHOT for the app store! =)

August 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM #10609

Brendan
    Keymaster

Right now I’ve been concentrating most of my time with iOS 8 and Yosemite compatibility. Every time Apple brings out a new OS there’s always a lot of work for developers to do to make it work properly on the new OS versions.

Yes, it would be a killer feature for sure. Definitely on my radar.

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.