Issues selecting calendar on date and time field

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Issues selecting calendar on date and time field

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Paolo
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the last version on iPad.
    When i try to choose the calendar on “date and time” window I noticed a little issue. I’m unable to select a different calendar because when I tap on the default calendar name to choose a different calendar from the list, the window switch and return to the main setting window.

Do you remember my previous request? What do you think about the possibility to add starting and ending date in “date and time” field? This could be very useful e could give us the possibility to add with one click a multi-day event (date range) in calendar app.

Thanks again for your great app!

May 14, 2017 at 9:37 AM #23140

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

Oh this is odd. I see it happens only n the iPad. It works correctly on the iPhone. That’s very strange because it’s the same code for each version. I’ll work on fixing this issue.

I’ll have to think about the ending date request. I suppose if it’s only for this purpose it would be fine. But when you start thinking about wanting to query the database for the second date and to display the value somewhere other than the date field edit view, it gets complicated.

May 14, 2017 at 10:49 AM #23141

Paolo
    Participant

I’m not a great developer, I write only piece of codes and silly apps but I really comprehend how could be difficult to implement this request.
    For now I use a self-made script that trasform the csv file exported from tap forms in iCal format and then automatically asks me to choose a calendar from the list where import the iCal file. My event form has two “date and time” fields, one for starting date and one for ending date. The script reads and takes data for each field and import the event in Calendar app. Obviously I use this script to export from Tap a large number of events.
    Starting and ending date are fully supported by default Calendar and I really really hope that you can find the way to implement that.

Thanks for your time!

May 14, 2017 at 12:35 PM #23144

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok. I’ve fixed the bug that caused the calendar and repeat settings to dismiss before you could change the selection.

May 14, 2017 at 1:40 PM #23145

Paolo
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.