Is there any way to add a date-stamp or time-stamp to newly created records?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Is there any way to add a date-stamp or time-stamp to newly created records?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Jpok
    Participant

For example, in a form called “diary”, someone would want to know when they created every entry, so is there a way to have that done automatically?

I know there’s a “date” field and a “time” field, but you still have to tap on those fields inside the form and choose a date, and click “save”. Is this the only way it can be done?

Personally, I have a form called “Garden Log”, and every time I do something to the garden, I like to know what date it was done. It seems silly to have to click on the date field and click “save” every time I create a new record. I also have a form called “Orders” where I can log any orders I make, and I have the same problem here.

Thanks

September 10, 2009 at 8:23 AM #3758

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jpok,

Yes actually Tap Forms does this automatically every time a record is created (or updated). But unfortunately I’m not displaying this information anywhere just yet. I just haven’t had the time to figure out where the best place to put it is yet.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 26, 2009 at 2:29 PM #3809

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aha, this kinda gets at my own question. I was hoping to be able to use TapForms on my iPod Touch as an event recorder (e.g., I’m watching wasps visiting two different baits, and I want to be able to simply tap on, say, a “juice” icon whenever a wasp visits the juice bait, and a “beer” icon whenever one visits the beer bait, thus recording both the time and the type of bait visited.

Frankly, even if the times themselves aren’t yet accessible, there’s another way that would work fine for me. Each record, instead of being a single visit by a single wasp, would be a single observation session (e.g., 27 OCT, 2009, starting 3:00 pm). I’d then have a counter field for each bait type, and tapping on an icon would increment the value of that field by one. Is there any way to do this in TapForms?

Thanks!

Alan

October 27, 2009 at 5:39 AM #3810

Brendan
    Keymaster

You’d probably have to tap 3 times for a numeric field. Once to tap the field, once to tap the delete, and again to tap the number to increment it manually. What you’re needing is kind of a specialized tool. Tap Forms is a more general purpose tool.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.