Is there a Roadmap?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Ting
    Participant

Hello everyone, I’m a newcomer. I’m using Tap Forms on iMac and iOS. I have created a database of related forms for books, food, movies, and customers. It’s great. I am going to use Tap Forms as my permanent form database in the future, so Now I am very concerned about the future development of Tap Forms. In the forum I saw that because a lot of data will cause performance and synchronization problems, I want to know about this problem.

Thank you!

August 9, 2020 at 10:49 AM #41639

Chris Ju
    Participant

Hello Ting,

i’m using TapForms with many forms (which are linked), really many fields (many calculations and scripts) and about 30.000 entries. So far I haven’t had any problems with poor performance or with synchronization (CouchDB via Docker).

Cheers
    Chris

August 9, 2020 at 3:03 PM #41641

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I have a document that is 17.5k records across 19 forms with attachments and weighs in at around 20GB. The document has a lot of links between the forms as well. I have another document that has over 35k records with links between the four forms it has inside it though doesn’t have any attachments and comes to around 600MB. I have a third document that’s around 11GB with a number of attachments, many of them linked together and around 5k records.

All of my documents backed by a CouchDB instance I run on an old Dell XPS8920 and has no issues sync’ing to multiple devices that I’ve seen. I used to run it on an iMac 2011 but shifted it off because it was running out of disk space and I got the Dell box to run Linux on.

I will say that running on an old spinning disk like I have in my iMac 2011, I do find that it can take a moment for the larger documents to load up. That said it takes a moment to load up anything on that computer so it’s not necessarily representative of Tap Forms performance. It can take a couple of seconds from time to time to load up some of the form lists (the with around 27.4k records in it) even on my MBP takes around 7 seconds. That said once loaded it’s snappy so whilst there is an initial load penalty per form, once it’s up it’s quick.

August 9, 2020 at 4:41 PM #41642

Ting
    Participant

Thank you very much, I believe it works for me!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.