Irritating format for date calculation

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Stuart Kelly
    Participant

I want to calculate a date plus 18 years. I set up a calculation field using DATEADD and it works fine, except the result displays ‘date at 00:00’. I can’t find a way to get rid of the time part of the calculated field. I’m using macOS.

Any ideas?

August 1, 2018 at 12:57 AM #30160

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Stuart,

On a Calculation field you can specify the Date Format and Time Format. Set the Date Format to one of the numeric type date formats, e.g. yyyy-mm-dd and then set the Time Format to Unspecified.

August 1, 2018 at 1:11 AM #30162

Stuart Kelly
    Participant

Thanks for the very prompt reply, but I don’t have the option ‘unspecified’ in the drop down list for time format. Also, I moved the field on the form and now it displays nothing at all. I really like this program but this little thing is driving me not-so-slowly mad!!

August 1, 2018 at 7:22 AM #30168

Brendan
    Keymaster

oops. sorry I meant to say Default. If you set the Date format to a specific format then the Time format to Default on a Calculation field, it should not display the time at all.

April 1, 2019 at 12:02 PM #34213

Ger Wolthuis
    Participant

Despite having set date and time formats correctly, I unfortunately have the same problem (MacOS 10.14.3). Please help…

April 1, 2019 at 8:15 PM #34223

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ger,

Is this on a Calculation field? What do you have the Date and Time format settings set to?

April 2, 2019 at 12:08 AM #34229

Ger Wolthuis
    Participant

Yes, it is on the calculation field (named ‘Eén jaar na aanvang’). Date format is ‘Long’ (‘Lang’), Time format’ is default (‘Standaard’).
    Sorry, it’s all in Dutch (Thnx for translation anyway!).
    See attachment.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 2, 2019 at 12:13 AM #34231

Ger Wolthuis
    Participant

And this attachment to show that it is a calculation-filed

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 2, 2019 at 11:15 AM #34237

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, that’s one of the issues with the Long, Short, Medium, and Full formats.

Try one of the numeric based formats and it will format as expected.

April 2, 2019 at 11:57 PM #34246

Ger Wolthuis
    Participant

Thank you Brendan; that’s indeed the solution!
    Hopefully the Long, Short, Medium, and Full formats issue will be solved in the near future. Furthermore, I am a very satisfied user!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.