iPhone Solo for Tap Forms?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Bob White
    Participant

I’m another refugee from Bento plus a long time FileMaker user. This is a very nice app and synchs very nicely between my Mac, iPad and iPhone. And really fast! Now to my question. My wife, due to other considerations, must use a Windows PC.

For a long time, I have run a couple of simple databases on her PC and iPhone. With the advent of Windows 8.x, the old version of FMPro will no longer run. And I don’t want to spend a couple hundred bucks (the version is so old that I would have buy a full version) (Ouch!).

It appears to me that I could do just the iPhone version and let it back up to her iCloud without involving any kind of computer. That is my question. Is my assessment correct? If yes, are there any explosive devices that I should look out for? :)

December 12, 2014 at 3:21 AM #12273

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

I would recommend periodic backups to Dropbox. On the Backup & Restore screen you can create a backup file and then upload it to Dropbox.

The problem with iCloud backups is you really can only restore your entire device with an iCloud backup if you needed to do that. But with Tap Forms backups you can restore just the Tap Forms data if needed.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.