iPhone doesn't match iPad version of form

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms iPhone doesn't match iPad version of form

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

daffy
    Participant

Hi, I recently upgraded to iOS version 5. Love it so far, but I’ve noticed that my form doesn’t look the same on iPad and iPhone.
    For example, I created the form on iPad and then synced it to my iPhone so that I could input the data on my phone.
    The iPhone version has an extra photo field that isn’t there on the iPad and also one of my ‘pick list’ fields isn’t working. I’m able to access the list I created for that field, but when I tap my selection it just reverts back to the list, without my selection being made.
    I have made several fields of this type and all the ones ones seem to be working.
    I have resynced the devices to see if that helps, but it’s still the same.
    Any ideas now I can fix this please?
    Cheers

August 29, 2017 at 10:59 AM #24248

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Daffy,

Can you try making one small change to the Photo field that’s on your iPhone and not on the iPad? Just do something like change the photo thumbnail size and see if that makes it appear on the other device.

As for the Pick List, I’m not sure what’s causing that.

If you would be able to email me a backup of your document then I can investigate why the Pick List isn’t functioning properly.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM #24249

daffy
    Participant

Thank you Brendan.

I edited a photo in the ‘extra’ field on my iPhone, synced the devices, it appeared on my iPad, I deleted it and resynced and no all is fine. Great!

I have created a backup from the tools section. Not sure how to email it though. Or should I be creating something from the actual form, rather than the tools section?

Cheers :)

August 29, 2017 at 1:27 PM #24255

Brendan
    Keymaster

No that’s correct. You could upload it to Dropbox from the Backup area or use iTunes File Sharing to copy it to your computer.

And if you can let me know which field and form the Pick List isn’t working in that would be great.

August 29, 2017 at 2:13 PM #24258

daffy
    Participant

Great. Will do.
    What email do I send it to please?

August 29, 2017 at 7:59 PM #24270

Brendan
    Keymaster
    August 30, 2017 at 2:22 AM #24274

daffy
    Participant

Thank you. I have emailed it just now. :)

August 30, 2017 at 8:42 PM #24307

Brendan
    Keymaster

FYI for anyone else reading this thread. The issue with the Pick List not working was because the Pick List in question had text in it, but it was assigned to a Number field. Number field Pick Lists should have only numeric values in it.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.