Iphone Crashes File transfer to Ipad

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

LDamers
    Participant

Brendon,

Was transferring a file from my iphone to my ipad(using the iphone app on ipad) with no problem however after the transfer my iphone crashes on startup. I try to open the app and it starts with tapform home screen then reverts back to my iphone homescreen. Tapfroms still appears to be open in the mulitask bar. No problems on the ipad.

April 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM #4588

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello LDamers,

Hmm.. Which file transfer method were you using? iTunes File Sharing? Web, FTP, Dropbox?

Can you tap-and-hold on the Tap Forms icon in the multi-tasking dock, then tap the red minus sign to make it go away completely? And then try re-launching it?

Thanks,

Brendan

April 30, 2011 at 7:39 PM #4589

LDamers
    Participant

Brendan

I was actually beaming a file from my phone to my ipad not ‘transferring’. I was able to close the app and relaunch it with no luck. I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it and uploaded the data from a backup file through itunes file sharing with no problem. I have one other question, all my forms were created on my iphone, I’m now transferring them to my ipad through file sharing. Noticed the linked contact information doesn’t transfer do any of the transfer methods enable the links.

Thanks

Louie

May 1, 2011 at 6:24 AM #4590

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Louie,

You might want to use the Backup & Restore function in Tap Forms to create a backup from your iPhone and transfer that to your iPad and then restore with that. As long as the contacts on the iPad have the same internal ID number as the ones on your iPhone then they should sync up.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 18, 2011 at 6:28 AM #4603

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Undertake,

Did you use the Backup & Restore method to copy your database over to your iPad? And are both devices synced with the same computer in iTunes? I would think it would be the same internal contact ID on both devices, but it’s possible Apple doesn’t do that when syncing contacts with multiple devices.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 5, 2012 at 9:10 AM #5255

Brendan
    Keymaster

My next update will fix this problem. It turns out that the internal contact IDs are not always the same on different devices. The next update will do a name search if the name stored doesn’t match the name linked to by the contact ID.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.