ipad version issues

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

nickc
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Firstly thank you so much for such a useful piece of software. I am using the latest iPad version 5.3.18 and have come across some small issues :

1. When creating a new field, the description is never shown
    2. Cannot seem to delete a pick list
    3. There is an option to colour items in a pick list but this does not work
    4. Table field entries are not searchable
    5. fields setup with pick lists using list value not field, still allow you to enter text directly into the field and not pick an entry from the list. Surely a pick list should only allow an entry to be picked from the list of different values. By setting a pick list field to allow multi-select this actually prevents text entry in the field !

These are only minor issues. Otherwise I really enjoy using the software. Keep up the good work,
    Thanks
    Nick

December 13, 2020 at 9:17 PM #42844

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Ya, right now it’s not displayed anywhere other than on the edit field screen. On the Mac version when you hover over a field it shows as a tooltip.
    2. Swipe across the Pick List to delete it.
    3. This should work. As long as the value in the field is exactly the same as the value in the Pick List.
    4. The general search will search for values in Table fields, but not the Saved Search function.
    5. Yes, that’s right. Pick Lists are just pre-defined lists of values to choose from. It doesn’t prevent you from entering a different value. But yes, you’re also right the Multi-Valued Pick Lists don’t let you put in a custom value. That was just an implementation issue because internally the values are just stored as comma separated values for multi-select Pick Lists. But I don’t show it that way. I show it as a vertical list of values. The Mac version has many more options for different ways of displaying Pick List values. Checkboxes, radio buttons, popup menus, etc.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 14, 2020 at 1:24 PM #42848

nickc
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    Thanks for your quick reply and answers. Unfortunately I do not have a Mac so am limited with the iPad version at the moment !

FYI, option 2. Swipe to delete does not work when viewing the swipe lists. Nothing happens and no option is shown. I am on IPS 12 so maybe it is different to the latest version 14 ?

I also can’t get option 3 to display colours. I was expecting to see the colour bar in the pick list before each field value but is this not possible ?

Thanks again,
    Nick

December 14, 2020 at 8:37 PM #42852

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Oops. I gave you incorrect information for deleting a Pick List. So sorry about that.

Tap on the Pick List you want to delete, then tap on the action menu button. Then tap on the “Delete Pick List” function.

Did you set a colour for each of your Pick List values yet? You do that on the Edit Pick List screen where you see your values. Tap on a vase, then tap on the colour swatch to choose a colour. Tap the Save button after you’ve selected a colour.

Now associate that Pick List with a field.

When you tap the Pick List accessory button on your record, you’ll see the list of values with the colours next to the values. When you select a value, the colour will display next to the field.

The colour bar doesn’t display for a multi-select Pick List though because it can only show one colour at a time. But the colours still show in the popup.

Thanks,

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 15, 2020 at 12:47 PM #42864

nickc
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Found it, thanks I can now delete pick lists.

Also, I can now get the Colours working in pick lists as well. Thank you !

Appreciate the quick replies.

Many thanks

Nick

December 15, 2020 at 1:04 PM #42865

nickc
    Participant

Oops, sorry spoke too soon.

I have a pick list that defines a number of colours and at the bottom of the list I have set two colours with yellow colour. All fine until I use the pick list pop up to select a colour. Both the yellows have changed colour on the pop up. I added the second yellow as I didn’t believe what I saw with the first one. I have attached screenshots.

Not an urgent issue just a strange one…

Thanks
    Nick

Edit: should have said I have a total of 17 colours in the pick list

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 18, 2020 at 12:54 PM #42899

Johnny Vanderlip
    Participant

TapForms is crashing on my 2020 iPad Pro 11″ running iPadOS 14.3

December 18, 2020 at 1:20 PM #42900

nickc
    Participant

Hi Johnny
    You may want to re-post this on your own thread and give some more detail about what the problem is.

Nick

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.