IPad Passcode

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

GeneT
    Participant

Had two databases working fine. Enabled Global Passcode and now I can’t get in. When I open TapForms, I get the opening screen with no way to enter the code, just the center icon, back ground, and nothing else in potrait or ladnscape viewing. Need help in opening.

January 5, 2011 at 5:48 PM #4326

GeneT
    Participant

Weird. In follow-up. If I power off the Ipad completely and then power back up, I can start Tapforms without entering the Passcode even though the preferences have it on. Furthermore, if I quit and try to open Tapforms without removing the passcode protection, I am back to being locked out with no passcode entry capability. Powering off the Ipad again and then powering back up, I can enter Tapforms despite the passcode, it never asks for it. Turning off the passcode upon opening it the first time after a complete IPAD shutdown, I can leave and reenter Tapforms without a problem.

January 5, 2011 at 5:54 PM #4327

GeneT
    Participant

As another aside even if I am spamming the board and will get shot, I can encrypt a field in the databases I want to restrict access to and it works fine to lock out potential invasion overall. Just the global passcode seems unusable at the moment, which I agree may be redundant, but requires I encrypt every database as opposed to locking out the whole app.

January 5, 2011 at 9:01 PM #4328

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Gene,

I think you may be seeing the issue with the auto-lock setting set to something other than “Immediately”. I have fixed this in the 2.0.1 update which has just been approved by Apple.

Let me know if the issue still occurs after the 2.0.1 update. It will be available in the app store probably within a few hours.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 19, 2012 at 2:23 AM #5719

Ian Longley
    Participant

This post is almost a year old now but I have just encountered a similar password problem on my iPhone after purchasing TapForms HD for the iPad and enabling the iCloud sync feature. (It took ages to actually sync the master database to the iPad, but it appears to be working fine now).

However, the Global Password appears to have become a casulty of the whole process. Initially I could not get in as TF did not accept the entry of a password at all (as described by GeneT) in his initial post. I then closed all the apps on my iPhone, including TF, and then restarted Tap Forms. I can now get into the database but without the need for a password on either device.

I notice that the Security Settings on the iPhone are set as following: Passcode Lock – “On”, Auto-Lock – After 30 minutes, Lock-out – “Off”. On the iPad the Passcode Lock is still “Off”, Auto-Lock is set to Immediately, and Lock-out is set to “Off”.

It is as if TF has defaulted to the lowest common denominator Security Setting between the two devices.

How should I proceed from here?

December 19, 2012 at 2:50 AM #5720

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Ian,

Passcodes have nothing to do with the sync process at all. The passcode values and settings are stored on the local device and do not get synced at all. So any relationship between your two devices is purely coincidental.

If you have After 30 minutes set, then Tap Forms won’t ask you for a passcode unless 30 minutes has gone by since the last time you were asked. Change that to Immediately if you want to be asked as soon as you fire up Tap Forms. And if the Passcode Lock is off on the iPad, then it won’t ask for you a passcode there.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 19, 2012 at 3:07 AM #5723

Ian Longley
    Participant

Thanks Brendan. Changed to ‘Immediately’ and the password is back.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.