iPad Mini – Camera NO Landscape

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Rich Trice
    Participant

I am using an iPad mini love the app on an iPod Touch, however when using tap forms on the iPad mini i am unable to get the camera to rotate to landscape orientation, it will take pictures in portrait orientation without an issue. Is this a bug or is this normal?

Thanks

May 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM #10065

Rich Trice
    Participant

Ok I have now noticed that the ipad mini will not auto-rotate while the camera app is open within tap forms, however if I rotate it prior going into the camera app from within tap forms, i can take both landscape and portrait pictures.

So I guess that will work, but would be nice to be able to rotate the camera while in tap forms with having to back out to the form and then rotate it then go back into the camera app.

May 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM #10080

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

I’m sorry for this trouble. Apple seems to have changed the camera function seems to stop allowing the interface to rotate when you open it. However, I have made some changes that will hopefully help in the next update. I noticed that the photo view wasn’t rotating in the last update, so I fixed that. But the camera view will still always be in portrait orientation. In fact, Apple’s documentation says that it will only function in portrait orientation. But you should still be able to take photos in portrait or landscape orientation. I have tested that now and it seems to work, no matter where the camera shutter button is on the screen.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.