iPad and Apple Keyboard Dock Data Entry Issues

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms iPad and Apple Keyboard Dock Data Entry Issues

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

wiremoons
    Participant

Hi

I have just installed Tap Forms 2.0 and successfully imported 500+ records via DropBox from a CSV file. Very impressed with the app so far :)

I have run into a problem when adding data into a forms new record using an iPad and Apple’s iPad Keyboard Dock. The tab key moves between the fields ok – and data is retained on existing records.

However, if I fill out a field on a new record, and tab to the next field, the data entered in the previous text field disappears?

To move between fields for data entry I have to enter the data then touch the screen to move to the next field, and the this retains the data entered in the previous field too.

So I guess it is a bug with the Apple Keyboard Dock tab key usage and adding a new record??

Cheers

Simon

January 4, 2011 at 4:05 PM #4313

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Simon,

I haven’t had an opportunity to test Tap Forms HD with an iPad keyboard dock as I don’t have one. I guess I should go out and get one for testing purposes. However, some of the issues you mention are fixed in my update which I have released to Apple. I am waiting for them to review and approve it. It will be version 2.0.1.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 5, 2011 at 11:18 AM #4325

wiremoons
    Participant

OK Brendan – I will test the next release and let you know if it fixes it. Saves you the expense of a Apple Keyboard Dock just to try it out :)

Thanks for you prompt reply

Simon

June 20, 2011 at 6:32 AM #4626

Brendan
    Keymaster

I purchased a wireless keyboard to test things out. The tab key still doesn’t work quite right because the iOS SDK doesn’t seem to call the proper methods to update the data for my app. I’ve worked around it by using the Return key to go from field to field. So that will work for the next update.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 17, 2011 at 8:30 AM #4747

Cuddeback
    Participant

I have run into a problem when adding data into a forms new record using an iPad and Apple’s iPad Keyboard Dock. The tab key moves between the fields ok – and data is retained on existing records.

ipad 2 leather caseipad 2 caseipad2 covers

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.