iPad 5.0.1 – Can't Get Back To Documents

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms iPad 5.0.1 – Can't Get Back To Documents

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

W P
    Participant

I just upgraded to 5.0.1 for the iPad. I was in one database and when I hit the down arrow in the upper left corner to return to the documents it switches and then act like I reselect the database I was in and goes back to it.

Now what?

August 10, 2016 at 6:57 PM #18433

W P
    Participant

Also, if I tap the screen fast enough and hit the Plus to create a new one it will eventually ask me to enter the name of the new one. I can then hit cancel and it will leave me at the documents screen. As soon as I select a database another database the whole thing starts all over.

August 10, 2016 at 7:00 PM #18435

W P
    Participant

Sorry, just saw your post above.

August 10, 2016 at 10:31 PM #18438

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m just digging into this some more right now and it absolutely does not occur in my development environment. When I build and run from Xcode it all works perfectly. No issues.

Now, when I deploy the app to the App Store and install it with Apple’s TestFlight system, the bug happens. No wonder I didn’t know about it until after it was deployed. Makes no sense, but I’m still investigating it.

August 11, 2016 at 6:14 AM #18460

kevin mcmanus
    Participant

Having the same issue – Just installed the app on my iPad Pro, after the sample document was added, I have been trying to get back to the document screen and the app keeps bouncing me back to the same doc (just started on the iPhone as I am writing this post)

Also the cloudant sign screen was problematic – it took several attempts to sign up, and I still can’t log in with the username I think it finally accepted. When creating a new account I assumed IBM could let the user now if their account name is available and valid – NOPE – I am losing faith in this IBM service if just signing up and logging in is going to be a headache.

I did purchase the iOS and Mac Version hoping that the software gets fixed, but there are a few things that should really have been addressed before rolling this out.

On the iPhone version – if you click on the open book icon – the only way out of that welcome screen is to create another copy of My Life Document – Just add a cancel button instead of having users delete the copy of the start up template file.

Now that the Document loop is present the app is useless

August 11, 2016 at 6:28 AM #18461

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

I’m getting this too this morning on iPhone and iPad. Not new installations. Can only access one document in the database. Returning to the Documents screen causes it to immediately re-open the same document.

August 11, 2016 at 8:13 AM #18467

Robert Marko
    Participant

I’m having the same issue on iPhone 9.3.3 app 5.0.1

August 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM #18480

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap on the Search or Favourites tab and then tap on the close button at the top-left of the view. On the iPad make sure you rotate to landscape orientation before you tap on the close button.

August 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM #18481

Leo
    Participant

I had this too. Closing all apps and shut down/restart the iPhone helped here.No problems since.

August 12, 2016 at 2:30 AM #18511

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve fixed this for the next update.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.