ios nearby sync

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Craig Cameron
    Participant

I have absolutely no idea how to get sync working on ios. I did get the database copied over, no problem but sync is something of a mystery.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Usually doesn’t….

On ios, if I click on the down arrow in the top left hand side of the db I am in, it pops down then, (just as quickly) pops right back up again.

From my mac, in the same form, I select the iPhone to Nearby sync, then try to sync but nothing syncs to the iPhone…

I there any help on how to do this?

August 14, 2016 at 10:50 PM #18636

Brendan
    Keymaster

Sorry for the close document bug. I’ve fixed that in 5.0.2. For now, just tap on the Search tab and close from there. Or Favourites.

As long as you get the green dot on each device on the Nearby sync screen, then sync should just happen as you make changes. Occasionally you may need to close and open the document to get it going again. But give it about 30 seconds closed to give Tap Forms running on your other device a chance to notice that the other document has been closed. When Tap Forms opens a document, it registers that with Bonjour on the network. Sometimes it takes the network a few moments to recognize a service that’s listening on the network is gone.

August 14, 2016 at 11:31 PM #18639

Craig Cameron
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, it’s working now!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.