iOS migrate problem

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Jake Xon
    Participant

On iOS I create a backup file in Taprooms 4. Open Taprooms 5. Can’t see the file I created in TF4.

Any solution?

August 4, 2016 at 1:04 AM #17889

Jake Xon
    Participant

Ok, so I found the “Upgrade to TF5 in TF4”. I click it and TF5 open and there is and nothin happen.

August 4, 2016 at 1:26 AM #17893

Austin Goudge
    Participant

Yes, I’ve got the same problem – went through the upgrade process on iOS, TF5 created a ‘My Life’ document but the only form in it was ‘To Do’ with no data. Tried doing it again and I got a ‘My Life copy 1’ document, also with no data.

August 4, 2016 at 1:29 AM #17894

Jake Xon
    Participant

So I created a backup file on iOS copied it to iCloud drive and open it in TF5 on my Mac. Now I’syncing it with IBM and when that is done I will try to sync iOS TF5 with IBM.
    Not an optimal workflow but ……

August 4, 2016 at 1:51 AM #17897

Jake Xon
    Participant

Up running on the Mac but when open sync on iOS nothing is happening.
    Well this is not good.

August 4, 2016 at 2:03 AM #17900

Alan_ds
    Participant

Could we have an acknowledgement that this is a general problem and that someone is looking into it

August 4, 2016 at 3:21 AM #17916

Alan_ds
    Participant

Sorted I hope.
    Opened mac version, selected document to other device. Opened ios version and iPhone appeared and selected.

August 4, 2016 at 3:56 AM #17922

Austin Goudge
    Participant

That’s fine if (like me) you have both iOS and OSX versions of the app. I solved the problem in the same way as you.

However, if you only have the iOS app, you’re screwed – there is no way to migrate your data from TF4 to TF5.

August 4, 2016 at 4:04 AM #17924

Mr Pusk
    Participant

I have a problem too – migrating from Tap Forms HD to TF5. I use an iPad 3 running iOS 9.3.3 . My personal forms are carried over to TF5 OK – but the records data from only one of the forms appears, and is incomplete.

The migration process seems to stop and crash out back to the ipad home screen while the records are being migrated.

My “Archives” form is the only one which has any records in it in TF5 and only 245 records appear whereas the original form in TFHD has over 400 records.

August 4, 2016 at 4:04 AM #17925

Tapblah
    Participant

I got it to migrate ok purely using iOS (even though the app crashed straight after saying it had completed). I had to attempt it twice, though

August 4, 2016 at 7:54 AM #17972

Heet
    Participant

I figured it out…
    Remove any password you have on v5, then it works.
    Unfortunately for me, i cannot migrate as the app keeps crashing. but at least i have some progress.

fyi, after crash, when i check the data that was migrated, most of my data is missing…

August 4, 2016 at 9:29 AM #17986

AngriBuddhist
    Participant

iPhone 6s running 9.3.2

I had to create the backup in old Tap Forms, upload it to iCloud Drive, open the new Tap Forms 5, use the My Life document that was created, go into Settings from there, choose Backup/Restore, download the file from iCloud Drive, back out to main page, choose the share sheet, choose migrate and the backup finally appeared.

All files intact.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.