IOS: Customize forms went away. Why?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Steve Morris
    Participant

BTY: Thanks for the search update in version 5. It is spectacular. It is very powerful. I use it extensively. If only I could figure out how to delete a search I no longer need.

For the last two weeks I have been trying to figure out how to add a field to an existing form. I went through every screen and touched every button and couldn’t find anything. I use Tap Forms every day but mostly the same form. (I’m diabetic and log a bunch of stuff every day.) The result is I knw a lot about entering data to that form but noot much else. It has been a long time since I edited a form so I blamed my memory. I googled the question and eventually found that it was supposed to be under tools. It isn’t there.tools menu

Why isn’t it there? I searched some more and found a note about “hidden” forms (which I have never used because I can’t figure out why I would want to hide my stuff from myself) and a description about how to get to customize from a record detail->share. I didn’t think my form was hidden but who knows what I might have done by accident so I gave it a try. Sure enough I was finally able to add my field. While i was there I checked the hidden attribute. It is Off! Come to think of it it shows up in the regular forms menu so how could it be hidden?

So why no Customize in the tools menu?

Confused.

-steve

July 13, 2017 at 6:28 PM #23715

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

To customize a form, tap on the Edit button on the main My Forms tab. Then tap on the form name to customize the form.

You might want to hide a form if you have a relationship between forms and you don’t care about accessing the child form from the main list, but only from the parent form.

The triangle button on the main My Forms tab toggles between showing all forms and only those forms that have 1 or more records and are not hidden.

There’s also a Customize Form function when viewing the list of records too. Tap the action menu button on the records list view and you’ll see that option there. That hasn’t changed. The only thing that changed is the Customize Forms button in the Tools screen (from the old version) has been moved to the Edit function on the My Forms tab.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.