iOS app no longer starts since update 17.4?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms iOS app no longer starts since update 17.4?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

ArnoLino
    Participant

Hello,
    The app still starts on my iPhone with iOS 17.4, but does not connect to my documents. A reinstallation was unsuccessful. The example document does not open either?
    I would be happy to help. Thank you very much. Arnolino

March 14, 2024 at 9:50 PM #50632

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… Which version of Tap Forms are you installing? It’s working on 17.4 for me.

I’m surprised a fresh install still won’t launch.

So it gets to the main Documents screen but then it crashes after that?

What if you make a new, empty document? Does that open up?

Thanks,

Brendan

March 14, 2024 at 10:30 PM #50634

ArnoLino
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you for your feedback. I have installed the latest version 5.3.36 from the App Store. However, I come from Kiel in Germany and apparently there is a special EU iOS 17.4 version  from Apple with “sideloading” Yes, it then goes to the main screen and when I then click on the example document, the plus sign in the document rotates and nothing else happens apart from the rotation. If I click on the manual symbol, the introduction appears up to the last page. If I click on “Continue”, nothing happens and it cannot be canceled. Only a restart of the app shows the overview again with an additional example document that cannot be opened. I hope this information helps with troubleshooting.
    Best regards Arno Grotzky

March 15, 2024 at 12:04 AM #50635

Brendan
    Keymaster

After you tap the Continue button on the last page of the onboarding screens, Tap Forms should display a message saying it has created a My Life document for you that includes the forms you selected. Tapping on the My Life document should open it right away.

Have you tried rebooting your iPhone at all?

March 15, 2024 at 12:31 AM #50636

ArnoLino
    Participant

Many thanks Brendan for the quick help. Sometimes you overlook the most obvious things. Restarting the iPhone helped and everything works as usual.
    Have a nice weekend. Greetings Arno Grotzky

March 20, 2024 at 12:48 PM #50643

Giuseppe Cer
    Participant

In Italy with 17.4 update I have same problem, after reboot the app is ok, but if I close it and reopen I have same problem. I tried also to cancel and reinstall tap Form.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.