Invoicing with subtotals

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Vera Milosavich
    Participant

I have been using FileMaker for over 20 years but it has finally gotten far too expensive for my now limited needs. I’m using an older version that is no longer compatible with the latest OS so I have to reboot every time I need to use it.

My most critical need is for invoicing. But before I spend days or weeks trying to recreate a similar solution, I would like to know if the type of invoice I need is even possible with TapForms. If it is, than any other report I’ll need should likewise be possible. I attached a schemata with a pared down set of fields and sample records showing what I need to accomplish.

Each month I import about a hundred (at minimum) records (downloaded from PayPal) into a single db. These records are for downloadable items I sell. Each month I need to create an invoice for commissions payable for the previous month’s sales. The commission rate varies by product so I store this info in a separate PRODUCTS table (is a table what you call a ‘form’ in TapForms?).

On my invoice, I need to show the name of each product and various subtotals for them: sold quantity (count), gross sales ($), commission rate (%), and commission total ($). I also need the typical aggregate invoice totals: subtotal, sales tax (if any), prepayment (if any), and grand total. Please see the attached for more detail.

Can this be done with TapForms? I tried analyzing the Invoice sample db but it didn’t help. Also…

Can TapForms filter (show or hide) records based on one or more fields matching a set of criteria?

Can I globally change the contents of a field (like clearing a checkbox, among other things) in a limited selection of records?

In Filemaker I could create a button where I could preset a different sort order for each report layout and not have the button print out on the actual report. Is there a similar feature in TapForms.

My apologies for this being so long.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.