Invoice Template

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Nigel Parrish
    Participant

Hi

I am using Tapforms to create an invoice system. I have a few specific questions relating to that, and apologies if they have been covered else where already.

Sequential numbering: Is it possible to have a filed create a sequential number for each new record?

Payment due date: A formula that works out the payment due date from the number of days in the ‘terms’ field?

Calculated fields: These do not show the currency symbol despite being set to do so in the field properties?

HTML? Is it possible to have HTML display on the template? I can create paypal pay now buttons for my courses but can these be shown on the print template once it has been made into a PDF. (big ask that one :-)

Thanks Nigel

November 25, 2014 at 3:56 AM #11938

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nigel,

1. Sequential numbering. Yes. Set the auto-increment option on any Number field. New records will get the next number in sequence. Set the “Default Value” property as the starting number.

2. Use a Calculation Field with the Return Type set to Date and you’ll be able to tell Tap Forms to generate an absolute date result given the right formula. For example: [Start Date] + ([Days] * 60 * 60 * 24). Because all dates are represented as the number of seconds elapsed since January 1, 1970, you need to convert seconds into whatever units you want. So the above formula takes the number of days in the Days field, multiplies by 24 to get 7 days, then by 60 to get hours, then by 60 again to get seconds. Then that’s added to the number of seconds for the Start Date field. Tap Forms will convert the end results number of seconds to an absolute date when the Return Type is set to Date.

3. Calculated fields should show the currency symbol. Are you using version 3.0.1 for Mac?

4. Sorry, there’s no support for embedding HTML, but if you create a static text box on a custom layout and type in a properly formatted URL, it will behave as a clickable hyperlink in the PDF. You would probably want to colour it blue and underline it so it looks like a hyperlink though.

You could even make the URL a bit dynamic by substituting a URL parameter with the value from another field if you put the field name in square brackets in the URL. For example: http://www.some-website.com/some-path/some-product/%5BProduct ID]

If “Product ID” was a field name, then [Product ID] would be replaced with the value of the Product ID field for that record.

That’s using the “mail merge” functionality of Tap Forms Mac with custom layouts.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Brendan

November 25, 2014 at 4:05 AM #11940

Nigel Parrish
    Participant

Weird the currency symbols appeared!

Another question!

I have some lines on the print view of the invoice but these do not show when the invoice is printed or saved as a PDF?

Nigel

November 25, 2014 at 4:09 AM #11941

Nigel Parrish
    Participant

Hi

Thanks. Our replies crossed over and I will check out the answers above and have another play about.

Nigel

November 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM #11961

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nigel,

There’s a bug in 3.0.1 which prevents anything more than the first line from printing, even though it shows up on the layout design area.

I’ve fixed that in 3.0.2.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 26, 2014 at 7:07 AM #11971

Nigel Parrish
    Participant

Thanks

The date calculation worked, thanks. Is there a way to set the return to date but NOT have the time as well?

Question about a formula please.

I have total payment amount (calculated from number of items minus a discount)

I have three payment options payment, payment part, payment balance

What formula do I need so that I can enter figures in either the payment field or either/both of the part payment and balance payment fields and the total due will reduce?

It is so that I can get paid the full amount for courses (payment), deposit amount (part payment) and the the balance at a later date (payment balance) and at each stage I can resend the invoice to reflect the new Total Payment Due amount?
    Cheers Nigel

Template attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM #12054

Nigel Parrish
    Participant

Bump!

November 30, 2014 at 11:47 PM #12059

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nigel,

The date & time format is fixed right now for the Return Type when set to Date.

I see your formula currently only includes Payment for your Amount Due calculation field.

Total – Discount – ( Payment )

I guess it all depends on whether or not your different payment types are mutually exclusive or not. Can they all be combined? Couldn’t you just subtract the addition of your 3 payment types?

For example:

Total – Discount – ( Payment + Payment Part + Payment Balance )

If a value in a field is not specified, it will have a value of 0 in the formula.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.