Introducing Tap Forms Projects

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

David Chartier
    Participant

Greetings everyone! My name is David Chartier and I’m collaborating with Brendan on the Tap Forms newsletter, blog, and projects like the one we’re about to announce.

We’re starting a new series on the blog called Tap Forms Projects. Through multiple posts, each project will explore a specific kind of project for a different industry or line of work, its motivations, and various features useful for building it.

The inaugural project is to build a CRM, or customer relationship manager. While the name of this tool might make it sound very specific, a CRM can be useful to a wide variety of people—businesses, students, researchers, and people (like me!) who just want a separate place to store certain kinds of contacts, such as doctors and local businesses.

For each Tap Forms Projects series, we’ll share stuff here such as templates, sample data, and anything else relevant. In this project, I have a basic template and sample data available to play with.

Let me know what you think, and I’ll be back in a bit with the next post in the series.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 16, 2020 at 5:44 PM #39289

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Have you considered doing this as a video series? It’s one thing to read along and another one to see how it happens via screencast.

February 4, 2020 at 1:29 PM #39486

David Chartier
    Participant

Hey Sam, sorry I missed this reply till now.

A video series would definitely be interesting. To kick off the series, we decided to go with step-by-step instructions because 1) we’re experimenting, and 2) I felt step-by-step instructions might be easier to follow in this kind of format.

But some kind of a video walkthrough to showcase actually building this stuff could be fun. We’ll see.

September 27, 2020 at 9:32 AM #42045

Johnny Vanderlip
    Participant

I want that video walkthrough. It’d make a big difference.

September 27, 2020 at 2:16 PM #42047

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

There are some videos on the Tap Forms 5 Vimeo channel that might help you out and I have some videos up on my own channel though they’re a little ad hoc structured.

I’ve wondered about figuring out a time to run office hours and stream that to something like YouTube or Twitch to walkthrough documents in a live situation via a video conferencing tool. Would require use cases that people are happy sharing and being public but I feel interactive problem solving would be helpful.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.