Inserting PDF's

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Randy Miller
    Participant

I am writing a hymn database, to add information about the hymns we sing. I t has quite a few fields but I would like to have each record connected to the appropiate pdf of the hymn. Can this be done? Coul someone provide either an example or directions, and if it can be done, where should the folder that contains the pdfs be stored? I am writing the database on a MAC with IOS 10.14.4 Mojave.

April 24, 2019 at 8:38 PM #34532

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Randy,

All you need to do is add a File Attachment field to your form. Just like any other field.

With a File Attachment field you can attach a PDF file to your records.

Then just double-click on the PDF file entry in the File Attachment field to view it.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 8, 2019 at 1:47 PM #34687

Allan Lister
    Participant

Inserting PDF’s
    Be careful if you are making pdfs or any copy of hymns. My wife is a band teacher and has taught band over f0rty years. She teaches in a Christian jr & high School. Nearly all hymns are copyrighted. All schools with music programs are subject to visits from the “copyright police.” Every so often she comes home and tells me about some school getting a visit and sometimes getting in trouble for violating copy rights. If you are making pdfs ABOUT the music you are probably ok. If you are copying the music you could be subject to fines.

Allan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.